Keeping Teens Engaged During Summer
It’s that time of year again! School is almost out. Got anything planned? Click HERE for some exciting local opportunities for teens. We have other options for you too!
Teens and students have been looking forward to summer vacation for a while. It is important to teens to have a voice and choice when deciding what to do over summer break. Discuss options and give them ideas, but let them decide what they prefer to do.
Enriching Summer Activities for Teens
- Summer learning programs with emphasis on college prep. Check with your local colleges and universities.
- Setting goals for college, career, and life. Seek out mentors and/ or business professionals in their area of interest. Never be afraid to contact someone!
- Together, research your teen’s career interest(s)
- Volunteer! Pick a cause you are passionate about. It will look great on that future college application.
- Help your teen understand what’s involved with trying to gain employment: create a resume, cover letter, etc.
- If taking a vacation ask your teen to take an active role in the planning process such as calculating a budget.
- Get outdoors! Play a game, go for a walk, go to the beach, etc.
- Read a book together.
- Try a new recipe. Make a yummy dessert or a tasty dinner.
- Create a blog about a fun topic
Original Post HERE