Back to School: The Most Important Thing On Your List
Back to school shopping for students is overwhelming for parents and teens. There is so much to remember. As parents we want to get our students the best supplies so they can have a successful school year. We’re hoping to find some great deals too. Your teen wants the perfect outfit and shoes that are not on sale. By the end of the shopping trip you are ready for a nap. There is something that you haven’t gotten, something that your teen doesn’t know they need. This is something that parents should shop for on their own.
The first week of school can be an emotional rollercoaster for teens. They are worried about first impressions with their friends and all the work they will have to do this year as their teacher reviews the syllabus. It can be nerve wrecking to say the least.
The Best Back to School Gift For Your Student
Here are some gift ideas that will help calm their nerves and make them feel loved.
- Write them a letter wishing them well this school year. Let them know you are proud of them and available if they need help with anything. You could slip the letter into their backpack.
- Give them a little care package with things such as tissues, chapstick, chocolate, mints, etc.
- Buy them an inspirational book like Chicken Soup for the Soul: Just for Teenagers by Jack Canfield, that they can look at not just the first week of school but throughout the school year for motivation and support. Check out the Teen Non-Fiction section at Barnes and Noble.
- An anchor: A bracelet or keychain that a student can wear or keep close to them. When they are feeling anxiety they can hold on to the anchor and remember you are there for them.
- Some motivational wall art for their bedroom would help boost their mood.